Christiane Northrup 468x60 Dr. Northrup Site Bookstore Happy Child Hay House, Inc. 468x60 Hay House, Inc. 468x60 Hay House, Inc.

2014/07/14

Yoga Drop-Backs {Video Demo}

To work up to these you start with leaning back gradually. When you can "hang back" and see your mat - and feel fairly comfy with your back strenght - then stretch your arms back to land on the floor. You can do it on a thick carpet if you feel fear of the hard-floor.
A lot of leg strenght is needed, especially to lift back up. But the back-drop can be done without a lot of strenght if one is fearless enough. But the gradual working on the leaning back will give you a controlled drop back, and you'll gain loads of strenght in the process which serves in other poses as well.
Work on coming up with as parallell feet as possible (if they turn out you compress in the lower back... if they turn out alot you might consider working more on the strenght of your spine and legs). This pose is ALOT about the legs.
Have fun!
Ps: There is a video on this blog, from a couple of years ago, where I show how to work on this drop-back using a wall.
Ps.2: check out the demo of "how to work on Press Up Handstand" HERE

1 comment:

  1. I loved the line that you have written here that Life should be a constant celebration. I also love to enjoy my life at fullest. In between, I enjoyed watching this video, and I followed the same steps which are shown. It relived my back pain. I will also search for more online yoga workouts tips for learning new yoga steps.

    ReplyDelete